193654 Intern - Recording Head Reader (Open)
Seagate's Recording Head Reader Process team has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a summer intern position. We are looking for an energetic and talented intern to work at Seagate R&D site in Bloomington, MN in summer of 2020.
About the group:
Dimensions of the HDD reading sensor are ever decreasing to meet the areal density requirement. It is important to understand fundamental material properties and interactions in complex manufacturing processes. As a Seagate intern, you will learn how to apply engineering and analytical skills to the real world engineering tasks.
About the role:
- Coordinating execution of experiments, and conducting in-depth data analysis.
- Studies to include phase transformation or effects of annealing temperature and include understanding adjacent layer effects on film properties.
- Additional studies of interaction of processes especially at film interfaces such as ion milling and etch used to define reader structures on the magnetic and structural properties of films utilized.
- Primarily in house tools (for film depositions, structural and magnetic characterizations) will be used for this study.
- MS or PhD student pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- A willingness and ability to work in a cleanroom is required.
- Preference would be for candidates with experience with thin film deposition, nanofabrication process, microstructural characterization techniques (XRD, TEM, etc...) but not required.
- In house tools (for film depositions, structural and magnetic characterizations) will be used for this study.
Your experience might include:
- Thin film deposition
- Magnetic measurement techniques
- Structural characterization techniques (XRD, TEM, etc...)
Job Family: Engineering Professional
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, or ethnic origin